North Lanarkshire's construction sector is booming and it needs workers to sustain its growth. To help businesses to find the workers they need locally, the council runs its Semi-Skilled Operative programme in partnership with Motherwell College.
The course is flexible to accommodate a range of trainees' experience, aptitudes and interests, but it always covers employers' most basic requirements by focusing on Health & Safety.
We can introduce construction businesses to potential operatives who:
- Have workplace experience.
- Have Health & Safety Training
- Are drug and alcohol tested.
- Are likely to have driving licences. (60% do).
- Are prepared to travel, start early and finish late.
They will also be trained in other construction skills, including an appropriate selection of the following:
- Practical Site Skills.
- Manual Handling.
- Abrasive Wheels Training.
- Civil Engineering Level 1.
- The Construction Skills Certification Scheme test.
- Basic Kerb Laying and Slabbing.
- HAUC Highways and Utilities Certification.
- Dumper and Fork Truck Training.
If you need construction workers, please contact us. We are able to train people to meet the exact needs of employers. Call or email using the details on the right or complete and send an enquiry form and we'll call you back within two days.