Why become a supplier to North Lanarkshire Council?
- We have fair and transparent procurement procedures.
- We treat all suppliers fairly.
- We have a good payment record - 88% of all valid invoices are paid within 30 days.
- We provide feedback when a tender bid is unsuccessful.
- We are continually looking to improve our tendering procedure.
- We have a team of purchasing professionals who ensure that all policies, procedures, purchases and contracts are dealt with well.
In 2006/7, North Lanarkshire Council spent £632 million on goods, works and services that were provided by external organisations. We must obtain best value from this expenditure and we must also use our considerable buying power to support our wider objectives:
- Promoting and delivering sustainability.
- Developing the local economy.
- Encouraging equality and diversity.
Small businesses and the third sector
We acknowledge and value the contributions that small businesses and the third sector make to the delivery of public services and to the economy. We have implemented policies and procedures that will help us to optimise our buying relationship with them.
Our purchasing policy compels all parts of North Lanarkshire Council to buy from centrally or nationally negotiated contracts. Where this is not possible, we implement a recognised procurement process that ensures compliance with the principles of best value, probity and transparency.
- Types of purchase
- Forthcoming contracts and tenders
- Tender prequalification
- Tender evaluation
- Tendering tips and feedback
The eProcurement Scotland initiative will enable public sector buying organisations to obtain better value both locally and collectively.
Approved Supplier Lists
We currently operate a number of Approved Supplier Lists.
Forthcoming contracts and tenders
Potential and existing suppliers can find out about forthcoming contracts and tenders.