Food Standards Inspections
Food Standards inspections are free and focus on compositional and labelling issues to ensure that your food products:
- Are properly presented.
- Comply with their stated compositional declarations.
- Are accurately and fairly labelled.
To do this, we will:
- Measure your compliance with compositional, labelling and product presentation requirements.
- Recommend preventative actions to reduce your likelihood of legal infringement.
- Identify any breaches of legal requirements and gather information to secure corrective action.
Food standards inspections may be conducted singly or together with Food Hygiene Inspections.
In accordance with the Food Safety law code of practice, we normally inspect premises without warning. We do issue notice, however, for visits with specific purposes such as viewing a particular process or meeting a particular person.
We may take samples of food products which will then be analysed by a Food Safety Examiner to ensure that the product complies with food safety legislation.
At the end of every inspection, we will discuss our findings with an appropriate member of your food business and, if needed, agree on a timescale to correct any issues. We will give you a form as a written record of inspection and, where necessary, forward a formal report within about five working days of the inspection. We will also agree to visit your business again.