12th Jan 2011 - Lanarkshire search for best in business
The race is on to honour the top companies in the 2011 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards. Lanarkshire firms are being urged to submit their completed applications before the deadline at midday on Monday 17th January 2011.
The awards are a key event in the region's business calendar and a chance for local firms to shine.
This year's awards are hosted by North and South Lanarkshire Councils. Sponsors include the AlonA Hotel, Coatbridge College, Cumbernauld College, Healthcare Environmental Group, Lanarkshire Area Tourism Partnership, Lanarkshire Enterprise Services, Motherwell College, Saltire, South Lanarkshire College, SSE, UK Steel Enterprise and Westcrowns Contracting Services. Johnson Press and Scottish and Universal Newspapers are the joint media sponsors of the event.
North Lanarkshire Council's Convener of Regeneration, Councillor Tom Maginnis, said: "Every year we get an exceptionally diverse selection of entries for the business awards and I would urge firms from all sectors to put themselves forward. This is a great opportunity for companies to be recognised by their peers and take home a top award."
South Lanarkshire Council's Chair of Enterprise Resources, Councillor Chris Thompson, said: "The quality of entries received to date has been extremely high, reflecting the vibrant and expanding business community across Lanarkshire but we hope to attract further entries from SMEs through to multinationals in the final week before the closing date."
This year, there are nine award categories and Lanarkshire businesses can enter as many award categories as you wish. Individual application forms with one set of rules of entry can be downloaded from the awards website, enabling easier and faster completion www.lanarkshire.com/businessawards.
The nine award categories are:
- Lanarkshire's Best Business (26 employees or more) sponsored by Westcrowns Contracting Services
- Lanarkshire's Best Business (25 employees or less sponsored by UK Steel Enterprise
- Lanarkshire's Food & Drink Award sponsored by AlonA Hotel
- Lanarkshire's Best Green Business sponsored by SSE
- Lanarkshire's Best Performing Social Enterprise sponsored by Saltire
- Lanarkshire's Best New Business sponsored by Lanarkshire Enterprise Services
- Lanarkshire's Leisure & Tourism Award sponsored by Lanarkshire Area Tourism Partnership
- Excellence in People Development sponsored by Lanarkshire Colleges Consortium
- Innovation in Business sponsored by Healthcare Environmental Group
If you have any questions on the entry process, wish a copy of the entry forms to be sent to you directly, or to reserve tickets for the awards dinner please contact Tarryn from event organisers Strategem (Scotland) Ltd by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone on 0141 249 6660.
Fred MacAulay will be MC for the awards dinner on Friday 11th March 2011 at the AlonA Hotel, Motherwell. With his popular breakfast radio show and a string of TV credits, he is undoubtedly one of the most famous faces of Scottish comedy today. His on screen reputation and on air witticisms are the product of years of experience on the live comedy circuit.