Adopted North Lanarkshire Local Plan
Following receipt of the Scottish Ministers' letter of confirmation North Lanarkshire Local Plan was Adopted on 28 September 2012. The Plan was formally published on 11 October 2012, following which, a 6-week period passed with no parties seeking to challenge the adoption of the Plan at the Court of Session.
The North Lanarkshire Lcoal Plan is now the only local plan used to guide development, inform decisions, and is planning policy for the authority. All previous plans have been replaced and you should not use them.
The Plan includes changes recommended by the Scottish Government Reporters. Information relating to the Reporters' findings and their recommended changes can be found on the North Lanarkshire Council website. These will continue to be available on the Council's website for a period of 10 years. In line with regulations, all documents relating to the Local Plan Examination were removed from this website 12 weeks after the North Lanarkshire Local Plan was adopted.
Copies of the Plan are now available online. Paper copies will be available for inspection at:
- Council Headquarters, Civic Centre, Motherwell
- Kildionan Street, Coatbridge
- Environmental Services, Fleming House, 2 Tryst Road, Cumbernauld
Paper copies with a CD-ROM for you to use will be available at local libraries, with paper-only copies on the Mobile Libraries. CD-ROMS are available from the Council's Fleming House Offices at a cost of £10 each, including postage & packing.
Relevant documents relating to the Local Plan can now be found on the North Lanarkshire Council website.
The local plan is made up of two elements:
- A Policy Document setting out the plan’s aim of regeneration and sustainable growth, and the policies to achieve it.
- Proposals Maps showing where the development opportunities are and where policies apply.
The NLLP is accompanied by:
- An Environmental Report explaining the plan’s environmental implications, and
- Eight background Technical Reports supporting the plan’s strategy, policies and proposals.
- Supplementary Guidance explaining how planning applications will be considered.
North Lanarkshire’s Development Plan Scheme (DPS)
North Lanarkshire’s DPS December 2012 provides information on the Council’s present and future development plan priorities and procedures.
The Adopted North Lanarkshire Local Plan (NLLP) comprises the following documents, which are available to download:
- Policy document.pdf
- Technical Reports doc 1 - 8
- Proposals Map
- Environmental Report.pdf
- Appendix to Environmental Report Docs 1 - 34
- Development Plan Scheme.pdf
- Publicity & Consultation Statement Parts 1 & 2 - Response to Representations