Skills and Training
Lanarkshire Business Training Support
Lanarkshire Business Training Support (LBTS) is designed to provide grant support for the structured training of relevant company personnel. The aim of the programme is to assist small and medium sized enterprises to meet their business plan objectives through better-trained and qualified staff.
LBTS will allow the company to commence recognised eligible training that has been identified by the company, and approved by South Lanarkshire Council.
Grant support will be available to meet the costs of training achieving full qualifications at all levels. The award will be dependent upon the company's ability to demonstrate that the training is an integral component of their overall training plan. Grants will not be awarded for training required by legislation or core skills qualifications required to operate such a business.
Benefits Provided: Training support can provide benefits to companies such as:
- Improve quality and competitiveness of Lanarkshire firms
- Assist Business growth
- Increase size of local business base through assisting Business Start-up projects
- Help facilitate implementation of cultural change in local business community
- Increase investment or knowledge in Research and New Developments
- Enhance skills base of local workforce
Assist local businesses to become more efficient and competitive.
The maximum grant award for any application is £3000.